NEWS and UPCOMING EVENTS
Phase 2 Reopening Guidelines and Requirements
- A booking system will be used for each class. We will have a limit of 6 students per class during Phase 2.
- Zoom sessions will be run from the gym at the scheduled class time to accommodate students that can not or are not comfortable coming into the gym.
- Temperatures will be taken at the front desk to ensure students are nut running a temperature. The CDC defines a fever as 100.4 degrees.
1. CLEANING AND SANITATION:
- Our team has been trained on the proper cleaning and sanitation techniques recommended by the CDC. We are intensifying cleaning, disinfection and ventilation within our gym. Weather appropriate, we will leave doors open and use fans to circulate the air.
- Training space, high touch areas, mats, equipment and other common area surfaces will be cleaned prior to every training session.
- Equipment used during class including cones, fitness balls, heavy bags, etc. will be disinfected between each class session. In addition, all high touch surfaces and common area surfaces will be wiped down and sanitized.
- All instructors will be washing hands between each class. (and may use hand sanitizer during class as well.)
2. PROMOTING HEALTHY HYGIENE PRACTICES:
- We ask that members practice good hygiene before class.
- Please come to class clean (Washing hands, feet and face/neck minimum).
- Please wash your GI after every class and make sure it is clean before class. Please keep nails trimmed, hair tied back, and no jewelry (bracelets, rings, necklaces, or earrings) on the mat.
- During class, practice good coughing and sneezing etiquette (in bend of elbow) and wash hands/sanitize immediately after.
- Anyone who is sick or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, should not attend class. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COCID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
3. ENTRY CHECKLIST:
- Complete the COVID release available HERE.
- Students will stage in their vehicles or outside abiding by social distancing 10 minutes prior to class start time.
- Students will maintain social distancing as they are welcomed into the facility one at a time, approximately 5 minutes prior to your class start time.
- All students will be asked to wear a mask or face covering whenever they are inside of our facility.
- We ask for the students to come dressed and ready for class.
- Bathroom use will be available on an emergency basis only. Bathrooms may not be used as changing rooms unless special permission is granted by Poolesville Self Defense Staff.
- We all love watching our kids practice and train, however due to the limited space inside the gym and the requirement of 1 patron per every 200 sq.ft. rule, we will not be able to allow spectators to observe classes.
- Parents will need to drop their child(ren) off at the entrance to the school, dressed and prepared for class. A staff member will escort your child to the mat area and offer directions regarding bathroom use, sanitation and social distancing guidelines. This will continue throughout Phase 2 and possibly into Phase 3 of the reopening.
- Students will enter the front door of the gym and utilize the provided hand sanitizer (one pump) prior to entry.
- Students will make their way to the check in desk to be checked into class by a staff member.
- Students will place their shoes and any outside equipment they might have, neatly on the storage shelves in the back of the gym. We ask that you ONLY PLACE PERSONAL ITEMS IN DESIGNATED AREAS.
- Students will be asked to proceed to the mat area by cleaning their feet and standing in a predesignated floor space.
- All students are asked to wear masks or face coverings when in our facility. This is a state requirement and will be a requirement until further notice.
- Each class will be shortened to forty-five minutes in length. This is necessary to ensure adequate cleaning time between classes.
- Limiting the sharing of equipment, we will no longer be providing communal equipment like boxing gloves or communal water Please make arrangements before class so you have the equipment you need. Please supply your own water bottles and remember to bring them home every day. Please do not share or touch other people’s equipment. (Gloves, uniforms, belts, etc.)
- Children’s classes will consist of striking, self-defense, and fitness only. Solo drills, techniques, and dance will be used and contact with other students will not take place during Phase 2.
- Adult BJJ and Submission Grappling classes will occur but will take place using a “Battle Buddy” system. Each participant will select another student, family member or friend whom they trust to be a safe training partner. This partner will remain their only training partner throughout the Phase 2 and possibly Phase 3 reopening.
- All family members of existing members will be able to train with us through 9/30/2020 at no additional cost! We highly encourage parents to jump in with their children during this phase of training or to try any of our classes for themselves!
- All restroom visits are for emergencies only. Students must obtain approval to use the restroom before, during, or after class. Clean your hands thoroughly and continue to follow social distancing guidelines while in the bathroom.
- The communal water will be closed during this Phase of reopening.
- If you would like to purchase a uniform or training equipment, please speak to a staff member who will assist you with your purchase. Do not help yourself to any item for sale at our facility.
- We will bow out but there will be no fist bumping or shaking of hands following the end of class.
- We recommend using hand sanitizer as you exit the mat area.
- Collect your belongings.
- Maintain social distancing guidelines and exit through the back/side door.
- Parents of children should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the end of class in order to safely pick up their children.
- We ask that you exit in an efficient manner. We will need to clean, sanitize and prepare to welcome our next class participants.